6 hours per week
Foundation “smARTroots” is an internationally active Non governmental organisation (NGO) established in Rotterdam in 2010. Our organisation’s motto is "PS" (Past strengths –– Praeities stiprybė –– Verleden versterkt). We focus on cultural identity tourism programs for foreign art groups/ensembles, education, art management services for Baltic sea region performers and artists in the Netherlands, with a unique focus on young talents with eyesight or hearing disabilities from Lithuania and Netherlands.
What we do:
• we organise International program “Art Baltica” (artists management, master classes, workshops, concerts, exhibitions, symposiums, training courses, forums, discussions, etc.);
advertisement service, promoting national traditions;
• we develop International cultural exchange projects for people/youth with eyesight or hearing disabilities;
• we provide non-formal adult education in the field of culture identity and arts among Lithuanians as well as migrants of other nationalities;
• we create partnerships in International and EU programs;
• we engage in fundraising (developing professional skills in cultural economy);
With a wide network in the Baltic sea region cultural and social fields, foundation “smARTroots” came from the heart of Lithuania – the mother NGO “Kultūros artelė” (www.CultureArtFact.org) was established in Vilnius on 21.09.2005. The Board and the Director are working with freelancers, volunteers and partners on synergetic basis only. We created and implemented numerous small and medium sized cultural events (e.g. “Four seasons 2005-2006”, “Moz’Art 2005-2006”, “Cosmogony as an Art 2009”, "Afrik@LT2007-2011", “European Arts & Parks festival” / “Let’s create in Lithuania” with a special summer program for young talents - the International Summer Academy “Art Baltica 2007-2013”; we created Braille books for Lithuanian children, organised the exhibitions and workshops of visual arts for blinds; at the moment we are working on new project for mobility of blind people “Baltic guide for the blinds”. After a long lasting partnership with Kenya, we founded and promoted a unique ensemble of Panevezys hearing impaired and disability children’s school “Tylos perkusija”/ “Percussion of silence”). A few months ago the secretary and treasurer of Foundation “smARTroots” passed away and we are looking for new colleague, who has a broad international financial background. As a board member the treasurer gives shape to the vision and objectives, knows the daily business, has final responsibility for the finances of the foundation “smARTroots”. The Board of “smARTroots” further assesses granted applications and sets the budget and approves project budgets as well. Once a year the Board shall be accountable to the general meeting of members.
Requirements and skills Treasurer
• a relevant training and at least demonstrable experience with HBO-level
• project organisation and/or administrative, secretary functions
• International vision of children/youth, adult work or cultural projects
• can cope with stress, able to shape changes
• flexible availability in the evening hours, willing and able to handle effective emailing
• knowledge of International programs is recommended.
• feels at home in an organisation that focuses on the all age groups (depending on the project).
• knowledge of planning and control cycle and accountability of subsidies
• familiar with the fiscal and legal aspects and flexible and hard labour relationship;
• economic or legal background is recommended;
• persuasive and empathy skills while negotiating, but can also say “no”;
• contract management and bank Affairs.
• no salary
• advertisement or a place where your voice is heard within rapidly evolving partnership organisations
• the ability to travel and participate in foreign projects, training sessions and courses on behalf of “smARTroots”
• possibility of managerial experience in a non-profit organisation
• an inspiring and international environment
• contacts and friendship with a broad network of European organisations.
Applications may be sent till 31 May 2012 or earlier to the President and program director: Odetė Abromavičiūtė
E-mail: oa eta stichtingsmARTroots.eu
More information about the “root” activities in Lithuania can be found at: www.CultureArtFact.org, because www.stichtingsmARTroots.eu is under reconstruction.
Within two weeks we will decide about sending an invitation for an interview.
KvK nummer: 51279223
GSM: 06 47 18 77 82