Flavio Li Vigni (Italy)
FLAVIO LI VIGNI (*1979, Italy)
VIA CASTELLANA 205 – 90135 PALERMO (IT)
BEDUMERSTRAAT 137A - 9716 BH - GRONINGEN (NL)
Flavio Li Vigni was born the 10/10/1979 in Palermo (Italy).He studied with Ettore Mancini in Rome, Adrianos Santos and Brad Flikinger in New York and Ralph Peterson and Howen Hart in The Netherlands. He is now finishing the jazz course at The Prince Clause Conservatory in the Netherlands where is studied with Conrad Erwig, Deena DeRose, David Berkman, Don Braden, Brian Lynch, Joris Teepe.
Flavio played with:
- Kęstutis Vaiginis Quartet (Bristonas Jazz Festival 2006, Palanga, Lituhania)
- Alvaro Nevado Quartet (Alicante Jazz Festival 2005, Spain)
- I “Beati Paoli” (Womad 2000, Premio Città di Foggia Spazio Giovani 2002,national Italian television RAI DUE for Telethon 2002 in Naples, national italian radio Radiouno “Demo”)
- Il Maestro Salvatore Sanfillippo ( Suite for cello & jazz piano trio composed by Claude Bolling 12 concerts in the Teatro Politeama Garibaldi of Palermo in 2003)
- “L’Orchestra Popolare Siciliana” ( Made in Italy channel ).
- I “De Almas” (opening for the band “Le Orme” – Teatro Euro, Alcamo (TP), del opening for the band “Ridillo” – club Gorky, Palermo).
He wrote and performed music for theatre and shows such as “La loggia. Fu cosa di non piccola magnificenza” for the festival Urban Zone 2001 in Palermo, “Yucali” for the festival “Palermo di Scena 2000”in Palermo, “Il Tamburo di Fuoco” in the Bibliothec of Palermo in 1998.
He taught drums in Palermo at the "open jazz school of music", for "Italia e Cultura" at the Conservatory Vincenzo Bellini, in the D.O.M.U course at the Prince Clause Conservatory and the music school Musica insieme of Palermo.