Create in Lithuania:
The 4th International Summer Art Academy
ART BALTICA 2010
has started registring participants, and welcoming professional performers, pedagogues, volunteers to develop youth art programmes for the presentation at summer festivals and regional feasts!
1) Application form. MUSIC masterclasses and academic sessions for young performers (PDF)
2) Application form. VISUAL ARTS workshops and academic sessions for blind and young artists (PDF)
A completed application forms should be forwarded to us before 15 June, 2010.
Be noticed while striving for professional excellence in Lithuania and working on the following:
• Artistic self-expression at creative workshops and academic classes;
• Testing your abilities in an international youth chamber ensemble;
• Striving for harmony and peace with yourself;
• Developing public spirit and being active when travelling along some marvellous routes of cultural tourism (trips to local regional parks, estates, art symposiums; attending exhibitions; gastronomic heritage and other kinds of entertainment).
• Socialization with people who differ from you!
Who are qualified to participate?
• Good-at-arts pupils of children foster homes and young people starting their independent life;
• Future students of music and art academies, academic youth (aged 15–25);
• Young people with eyesight or hearing disability;
• Pedagogues, representatives of regional communities, people of art and culture;
• Good-at-arts Lithuanian nationals living abroad.
• You will know yourself better, get better acquainted with the culture of the Baltic States and other countries of the world, and become a member of a cultured team;
• We will be touring, picnicking, composing and playing music, presenting the programmes developed by us within the framework of both Lithuanian projects and projects of our foreign partners.
• Acclaimed pedagogues and professionals in their respective fields will work with you;
• You will contribute to settling the youth emigration problem while speaking the language of art;
• You will better prepare yourself for studies in your own country or any other European country;
• We will create a space for artistic self-expression and self-improvement.
• Karklė holiday resort (Klaipėda district);
• Lithuanian children foster homes;
• Botanical gardens;
• Historical locations of Lithuanian cultural heritage.
• The academic-education programme will take place from 19 to 29 July 2010.
• The presentation of the developed art projects like concerts, recitals, and exhibitions will take place from 22 to 31 July 2010.
Volunteers wishing to participate in the programme may present:
• A programme of chamber music for concerts and recitals;
• Joint programme to be performed by Lithuanian and foreign performers;
• New ideas for creative workshops, civic art actions related to cultural heritage tourism;
• Suggestions for participation in the continuous international project of developmental cooperation Afrik@LT2010 (Lithuanian support to the children of Kenya).
• Educational programmes on the topics of art economics and promotion of entrepreneurship;
• Programmes of social integration for the blind and the deaf, and pupils of children foster homes starting a new stage of their life.
Professionals practicing in the following fields are invited to lecture at the summer art academy:
Lithuanian, Baltic sea region pedagogues and pedagogues
ART BALTICA 2010: educational-academic programme
Music: master classes of classical and jazz music (grand piano, singing), classic guitar, karaoke, electronic music and improvisations.
Creative workshops/ Practical work
Video and audio laboratory; dance, plastics and movement classes; funny magic and creation of moments of a positive and merry life; art photography; educational programmes of Lithuanian Red Cross Society.
ABC of healthy living/ Academic classes and practical works
Socialization psychology and ethics; health and ecology; classes of cooking properly combined food; Oriental martial arts and yoga.
Programme of reducing social exclusion
Rehearsals of youth chamber ensemble with acclaimed Lithuanian and foreign performers and pedagogues; integration of the blind and people with eyesight disability employing the language of visual art; meetings with Guests of Honour of Art Baltica; practical works for volunteer culture and art managers.
Registration of participants and payment
Applying for educational-social scholarship:
You are welcome to write a motivation letter that will be presented to our sponsors for consideration.
Please state the social condition of your family (number of children in the family and how many of them are taking part in the educational programme of the summer art academy, do parents have any acknowledged disability, or are you growing up without parents, why do you consider your participation in the programme important, etc.)
Participant registration fee: LTL 190 (in case you refused from participating in the project, the fee will not be refunded; an evidence of the effectuation of the payment should be attached to the participation form).
Participation fee for those, who are granted social scholarship: LTL 190 (for Lithuanian children and youth only). Pupils of SOS Village may participate free of charge.
Payment: In case if no pedagogues volunteer, classes will be charged at contractual price. Number of participants is limited.
Note: Final price payable for participation in the 4th Summer Art Academy Art Baltica 2010 will be announced after we find out the needs of selected participants and pedagogues. Number of participants is limited.
When applying on behalf of two or more students, please fill in the application form for each of them and specify the full names of all participants.
Karklė is a small fishermen village located between Klaipėda and Palanga, far from the city noise. Just 5 minute walk to the sea. This is an excellent place for recreation, creative work and chamber seminars. The holiday house covers the area of 350 sq. m, has a terrace and a big porch. The lounge and three bedrooms are situated on the ground floor. Another lounge and three other bedrooms are situated on the western side of the first floor. Each lounge area is equipped with a kitchenette, WC, shower, TV. All sanitary facilities are of common use.
Nearby the holiday house, an area of 0.5 ha is adjusted for camping. Tents/van houses are placed on a wooden foundation. They have a covered entryway and two sleeping sections. Sleeping sections are supplied with mattresses, cushions, and blankets. Bed linen and towels are the responsibility of the dwellers. The tent/van house is intended for 6 persons (3+3). Electricity is installed in the tents. Dwellers of the campsite can use sanitary facilities equipped in the auxiliary building: there are 6 shower booths, 6 toilets, laundry, and a kitchenette. The kitchenette is equipped with an oven and refrigerators.
Don’t wait for the last minute. We appreciate quality and consistency!
Bank details for sponsorship purposes:
NGO Culture Art Fact
Acc. LT 737300010091815353 with AB Swedbank
Purpose of sponsorship: Social, educational, and cultural activities /
The 4th International Summer Art Academy Art Baltica 2010
Municipality of Klaipėda District, Lithuanian-German Forum, Fine Art Studio Mont Parnasse (Vilnius), Klaipėda University, A.Dovydėnas’ "Kreiserinio buriavimo mokykla" (Cruiser Sailing School), UAB FMG (LT), Medical Business Academy (LV-LT), VVDVK (LT), UAB Ars Liberalis (LT), UAB Ermara Translator & Interpreter Centre (LT)
Author and manager of the project:
Odetė Abromavičiūtė, GSM: 8 659 69 211
NGO Culture Artfact
www.CultureArtFact.org and http://www.myspace.com/ArtBaltica